Disability Benefit Specialist
Disability Benefit Specialists (DBS) shall provide assistance to individuals with developmental, mental, and physical disabilities age 18-59 who are looking to access public and private benefits or programs. DBS’ are able to provide information related to: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Food Share, Medicare, Medicaid/Medical Assistance, insurance questions, work incentive programs, and housing & utility related issues to name a few topics. You will need an appointment to see a DBS.
How Can A Disability Benefit Specialist Help You?
- Provide accurate information on public and private benefits and programs
- Provide assistance in determining which benefits and programs you may be entitled to
- Talk with you about your choices and the programs or services that might best meet your needs
- Provide assistance in obtaining or retaining benefits and services
- Provide referrals and possibly assistance and support on other matters including disability rights and the impact of earnings on financial eligibility for public benefits
- In some cases, you may also receive representation in formal appeals related to denials of eligibility, termination of benefits or overpayment of public and private benefits
Some of the programs that Disability Benefit Specialists can assist with include:
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Assistance Programs
- Disability Insurance Issues
Services are free of charge, so feel free to contact us to address your concerns and schedule any necessary appointments.