Sentenced with Huber Law
In accordance with Wisconsin State Statute 303.08(1), the Court has granted you the privilege to work, seek employment, attend to the needs of family members and/or attend school or treatment programs and court.
Since 2020, the Manitowoc County Jail suspended all in-custody Huber. However, all Huber Law inmates are encouraged to apply for the Electronic Monitoring Program (bracelet).
Sentenced with an OWI Charge
- Sentenced with an OWI charge- YOU PERSONALLY MUST provide proof of payment & scheduled date for your alcohol assessment before reporting into jail or you will not have Huber privileges. THIS IS A STATE LAW! Wisconsin State Statute 303.08(10m-r) (If sentenced on OWI post booking date, options may be available to schedule and pay fees to qualify for EMP)
- Wisconsin Act 100, took effect on July 1, 2010, requires Judges to order an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) for
- All repeat OWI offenders
- All first time OWI offenders with an alcohol concentration of 0.15 percent or higher
- All drivers who refuse to provide a breath or blood sample for a chemical test at a traffic stop
- The order affected the offender in two ways:
- The IID order applies to every vehicle owned by the offender, regardless of what type of vehicle (car, pickup, van, motorcycle, or large truck)
- The offender’s driving privilege is restricted so that they can only operate IID-equipped vehicles during the duration of the order.
- Offenders who choose to apply for an Occupational License from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allowing them to drive to/from work or school or to take care of essential activities will have restricted operating conditions on their license. All vehicles driven must be equipped with an IID – and it will not matter who owns the vehicle (the offenders, their employer, or whomever loaned them a vehicle). You must have the device installed before DMV will re-issue your occupational license.
Electronic Monitoring Program
- A completed application is required (3) weeks prior to sentencing with an immediate report, court ordered report in date or considering a transfer in/out of Manitowoc County. You may print it here or pick one up in the jail lobby vestibule.
- SCRAM Continuous Monitoring bracelet works with a landline phone service or internet provider.
- If you are not currently employed you should pre-register at employment agencies prior to reporting in to jail. The employment agencies web-sites are listed under Outside Resource Directory.
- Self-Employed, see pamphlet for requirements.
Transfer Request to/from Manitowoc County
There are several things that need to take place:
- Sentencing Judge needs to authorize transfer to another County
- Sentencing County must send a Huber transfer request to desired County of transfer to include a copy of the Judgement
- Wishing to transfer to Manitowoc, complete an EMP application.
- Not everyone who applies is accepted. Wisconsin State Statute 302.425 (2). Manitowoc County reserves the right to deny and/or terminate an EMP applicant or transfer for any reason.
- You must have a job and/or the ability to pay all required fees
- If your transfer is approved, failure to follow rules and/or pay fees will result in termination of transfer and you will be returned to the sentencing county
Reporting In Guidelines (Spanish)