Volunteering your time doesn’t just help others-it benefits your health, as well. Consider these additional reasons:
• Be part of your community
• Engage in new experiences
• Meet a diverse range of people
• Gain motivation and a sense of achievement
• Improve your energy and well-being
ADRC of the Lakeshore Volunteer Opportunities
• Represents the ADRC of the Lakeshore at regional and state meetings.
• Commission on Aging – Attend public hearings and quarterly meetings to help the Commission on Aging make informed decisions.
• Nutrition Project Council – Assist the Nutrition Program Coordinator and the Aging & Disability Resource Center of the Lakeshore in evaluating, planning and advocating for the nutrition program in Manitowoc and Kewaunee counties.
• Class Facilitator – Receives training to offer evidence-based programming to caregivers.
• Exercise Leader – Receives training to offer evidence-based programming to the community.
• Memory Cafes – Assist with program.
• Wellness and Prevention Programs – Receives training to offer evidence –based programming to the community.
Medicare Open Enrollment Part D
Help during the Annual Open Enrollment Period from October 15th to December 7th. Hours are flexible. During this time, the volunteer helps create accounts on Medicare.gov, enters medications and pharmacies, and explains the coverage options for stand-alone Part D plans (this does not include Advantage Plans). If a customer would like to enroll, the volunteer will help with the enrollment into the new plan.
Prior experience is a plus but not necessary; required training provided through The Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources (GWARR). All volunteers must pass a background check.
Assist the dining site manager with the following:
• Driver and/or runners for Home Delivered Meals – Deliver home delivered meals or assist the driver and run the meals to the recipient.
• Kitchen Assistants
• Driver – Uses the ADRC vehicle to transport individuals to/from destination. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Learn more…..call today 1-877-416-7083 or Contact Us.